In a scrum team, the scrum master is an important member responsible for supporting and promoting scrum. He or she helps other team members to understand the scrum values, rules, practices, and theory. Besides, a scrum master assists people outside the scrum team to comprehend the best way to interact with the team.
Thus, the role of a scrum master is challenging to fill owing to the needs and demands involved including assisting the team in reaching an agreement on activities and timelines, coordinating daily scrum meetings, and ensuring the team is not distracted.
These demands may make the process of hiring problematic in terms of finding the right individual. But knowing what to ask candidates and the answers to expect can simplify this process. Here are interview questions to ask scrum master interviewees and answer to expect from the right candidate.
You can also view the content in blog format at https://www.projectpractical.com/top-20-scrum-master-interview-questions-and-answers/
Below are the 20 questions discussed:
1. What is Scrum?
2. As a Scrum Master, How can You Track the Sprint Progress?
3. What is the Objective of “User Story” in Scrum?
4. As a Scrum Master, how will You Help the Product Owner?
5. Why is it Necessary to Adopt the Agile Methodology?
6. What Techniques Can You Use to Perform Estimations in Scrum Projects?
7. What is scope creep and how would you prevent its occurrence?
8. How is the change management in Waterfall different from an Agile scrum?
9. In Scrum, what is Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
10. As a Scrum Master, what is Your Role during the Daily Scrum?
11. As a scrum master, what would you do when you realize Agile principles are being broken?
12. What artifacts are maintained in scrum?
13. What role does a product owner perform in the scrum framework?
14. State three main tools utilized in a scrum project
15. Describe your Daily Routine as a Scrum Master
16. What do You Understand by Timeboxing?
17. What is Done During Sprint Review and Retrospective?
18. Do You Find any Disadvantage with Scrum?
19. In your opinion, can scrum be applied in the development of all kinds of software?
20. Describe Velocity in Scrum