Since 2007, I’m spend a part of my winter holidays taking a look at all the photographs of the final 12 months, and utilizing it to create a contented new 12 months video. I began doing that as a result of creating a brand new years card with only one image was too onerous for me. This 12 months our household of 5 had + 10.000 image. That appears to be like quite a bit, but that’s about 5 photos a day per particular person. With 3 youngsters, that isn’t a lot. Yes taking a look at all these photos takes lots of time, but doing this for 15 years I’ve realized that taking that point and fascinated about the previous 12 months is price each second. I like to recommend it for years to everybody that desires to pay attention, and yearly I see a few movies created by associates world wide. Especially over the last 3 years the place now we have not met most of them, it’s good to see what their households have carried out the final years.
Let’s look again at what the 12 months that 2022 introduced us…
- Bent handed his theoretical examination for his driving license in January.
- Bent completed Hotel-Restaurant in July. During his stage he was in a position to work within the 1 star restaurant Publiek. He was very pleased with that, not solely did he be taught quite a bit, he cherished being a part of the staff. And sure he felt actually a part of the staff. (During the summer time, he additionally labored at Alberte, Talloor d’or, Yaloo Hotel. )
- In September Bent began Hotel administration at VIVES, but after a few weeks he realised his French was not adequate. He instructed me and my accomplice, proving he was extra grown up at age 17 than I used to be at age 19. He then determined that one of the simplest ways to be taught French was by being immersed in an setting that was French talking. So a few month after telling us, he was in a college in Namur (French talking a part of Belgium) going for a 7 12 months of Sommelier, residing on his personal in a pupil residence, surrounded by French talking college students. He had simply turned 18 by then.
An enormous kudos to many individuals in my community who helped with that. Especially Stacey Buys whose efforts made us join with lots of the proper individuals. (And was shocked that his message had such an impact, sure that’s what brazenly asking for assist has as an impact. )
- Joppe is now in his third 12 months at college.
- Joppe cross his driving license on the finish of 2022
- Geike participated in a video clip for tzitemzo.
- As the final member of the family I acquired corona throughout the summer time. Going to a packed open air live performance, acquired me.
- Els and me, we spend time on reconnecting. During covid our focus was on surviving as a household and we kinda ignored our partnership as survival was extra vital. Yet after 2,5 years we actually wanted to re-align. With children turning into virtually impartial of us, we plan to do extra of that in 2023.
- I began amassing tips about hybrid and distant working. Just just like the agile ideas from the trenches books, I wish to let it develop slowly.
- We did once more two agile week at my main consumer, the place I invited some agile associates. It’s good to see an organization make investments a lot in bringing data inside. And much more vital a big a part of the talks had been from inside audio system the place we concentrate on spreading the nice expertise and experiments from inside.
- I did workshops at three of the foremost agile convention in Belgium:
- agile consortium Belgium workshop with Stijn Decneut round: reframing agile
- XPDay Benelux
- impromptu workshop on distant and hybrid working
- facilitation of fishbowl on the way forward for agile
- Agile Tour Brussel: workshop with Hania Ferdoud on distant and hybrid working
- I moderated the group dialogue on the Breaking the silo occasion round distant working
- I did a distant speak for Scrummasters of the universe round hybrid and distant work
- I recorded +60 interviews for the video version of Who is agile, 50 of those video’s acquired printed. I acquired nice suggestions each from the individuals I interviewed as from listeners. If you suppose individuals can’t get related distant, take a look at these video’s, as with lots of the individuals I talked to, this was the very first dialog I had with them. And all of those interviews had been actually deep, emotional conversations that touched me.
We additionally had some dangerous information:
We all know concerning the battle in Ukraine. I used to be invited a number of occasions to talk in Київ and I’ve many Ukrainian associates. As I’ve the intention to return, I’ve now spend 305 days on Duolingo studying the language of my associates, in 2015 I used to be barely in a position to say спасибі.
вибачте I wish to do a lot better subsequent time.
One of Geikes scouting associates, the 15 12 months previous Mats has leukemia. After the general public lockdown his household has now go to a 2 12 months non-public lockdown to maintain the infections out, whereas he’s preventing his most cancers. if you wish to assist out? Please donate blood, it’s a small funding for you, but it saves lives, as individuals like Mats wants numerous blood.
One of my associates from the time I used to be finding out, is terminal in poor health. A single mother with a daughter he simply began working this 12 months. The second her life is taking off, her mom’s life is about to finish.
==> sure it was once more a busy 12 months. but all that group work, gave me a lot vitality.
The dangerous information is placing all the pieces into perspective.
And therefore our new years want for everybody:
We want you a 2023 the place you might be your true self.
A 12 months the place nobody is telling you what to put on, what color your hair needs to be, what garments you possibly can or can’t put on. Who you possibly can love, or have intercourse with and most vital what you possibly can & can’t suppose.
Or like my good friend Sofie wrote at present:
Too many people have tried to tone down our weirdness for associates or companions, solely later to be taught that we’re suppressing the very best issues about us. There isn’t any pleasure like the enjoyment of being your unusual self and discovering that there are individuals who love you for it.
Just like different years, I hope to show this right into a dialog far more than a communication. I might love to listen to from you, how do you wish to be your true self this 12 months? And what assist do you want from the world to take action?